“The light can heal” – Hippocrates
We know that plants use energy from sunlight to make food, but plants are not the only living organisms that can benefit from the light. Scientists across the world have done many investigations to prove and motivate the use of the light in medical fields.
What is LED Phototherapy?
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode and represents emission of lights when a current is passed through semiconductors.It is a non-invasive, non-thermal no down-time procedure, which unlike lasers and IPL can be used on all skin types. Various skin conditions and aesthetic face and body problems can be targeted with different wavelengths of LED, penetrating to a different layer of the skin. *
What is LED Therapy Used For?
LED therapy is used for many skin conditions using different wavelengths. At 8th Sense, we use MOST LEDS, the advanced computerized LED therapy. We use MOST LEDS for the following conditions:
- Dull and rough skin
- Stretch Marks in all skin types
- Post laser treatment
- Hair Loss
LED can also be used as part of photodynamic therapy, which is more invasive treatment due to pre-application of a photosensitive substance called ALA.
LED can be used for various other conditions such as stress, psoriasis, bone and muscle pain, depression, allergic rhinitis, vein ulcers, etc. *
How Does LED Therapy Work?
LED uses different wavelengths of therapeutic colour to induce particular changes in skin conditions. MOST LEDS has 60 programs for various skin conditions using various combinations of therapeutic colours. The colours are as follows:
- Red Light 654nm – Has penetration of 6 to 8mm and it can stimulate fibroblast and production of growth factors as well as increase blood circulation. It can be used for skin rejuvenation and skin healing.*
- Green 525nm – It is restorative and a refreshing therapeutic colour absorbed by melanin. Can be used to decrease hyperpigmentation and sun spots.*
- Blue 469nm – Has antiseptic properties and has been proven in publications as beneficial in treating acne (destroying bacteria which is involved in acne formation).*
- Infra-red 850nm – Penetrates 3 to 4cm. It boosts fibroblast activity and production of ATP – an energy molecule, and it has an anti-inflammatory effect.*
The Advantages of MOST LEDS:
- Has large radiation beam area and can treat large areas.
- 60 pre-set programs with high safety profiles.
- Uses a combination of lights specifically designed for certain skin conditions (Green, Yellow, Blue, Red, and Infra-Red) unlike other LED’s who are only using Red and Blue.
- Can use pulsed or continuous light beam, which affects cells differently.
- Has publications in successfully treating stretch marks. *
- Non-invasive, non- painful and can be safely used on all skin types. *
- Taking photosensitizing agents like retinoids
- Thyroid gland problems
- Cancer patients
Note: MOST LEDS brand that we use at 8th SENSE does not produce UV light and Ionizing radiation that can be dengerous .
Why Will I Chose LED?
It can successfully rejuvenate the skin and most stubborn skin conditions like stretch marks, melasma, and acne in all skin types, which is affordable, safe and without any down-time.*
*Disclaimer: Treatment results will vary on a patient to patient basis. No guarantees can be made