Dr Sly Nedic
8th Sense’s resident Dr. Sly Nedic, provides all functional & integrative medicine, aesthetic, anti-aging, preventive genetic testing and professionalised body treatments at the 8th Sense suites in Sandton.
As a registered doctor with the Health Profession Council of South Africa (HPCSA) founder of 8th Sense Medical Clinic, and Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner by IFM (USA) Dr. Nedic holds numerous credentials in functional & integrative medicine, aesthetic, anti-aging and preventive genetics.
For all medical consultations and procedures you will be seen and treated by Dr. Sly Nedic, and, for cosmetic procedures, by our continuously trained skin therapists who share and carry Dr. Nedic’s vision and passion for health, wellbeing and beauty.
Qualifications & Accreditations
As a registered doctor with the Health Profession Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and founder of 8th Sense PTY, Dr. Nedic holds numerous credentials in aesthetic, anti-aging functional & integrative medicine and preventive genetics.
- Board Certified Physician in Anti-Aging Medicine by the World Organisation of Anti-Aging Medicine (WOSAAM)-Anti-aging Diplomat.
- Registered doctor with the Health Profession Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
- Certified Practitioner by The Institute of Functional Medicine, AFMCP (USA.)
- Faculty member of Scientific board for Preventive Genetics by Laboratories Reunis, Luxembourg, Europe.
- Certified Acupuncturist with the Allied Health Profession Council.
- Board member of A2 Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Magazine
- Board member of Health intelligence magazine.
- Member of Anti-Aging panel for Longevity magazine.
- Board member of Prime magazine – Aesthetic and Anti-Aging magazine from Europe.
Accredited Training & Courses In Aesthetics
- BonTA & Soft Tissue Augmentation (Genop Healthcare basic and advanced courses).
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice Specialisation (AFMCP)IFM, USA.
- Allergan – Advanced BonTA course, Madrid.
- AMCSA – Advanced BonTA and Filler Course.
- Mesotherapy, Euromedicom, Paris.
- Mesotherapy – Hands on by Dr. Ph. Petit, Paris.
- Ahptos Threads and Feather Lift – Hands-on training, South Africa.
- Accreditation on Thermage by SOLTA Medical, USA.
- Accreditation on Vela Shape, Tripollar, Titan, Cavitation, IPL devices.
- Dark Pigmented Skin Conditions – Hands-on training, Dubai.
- E2E (Expert to Expert) master courses, Paris 2010, 2011, Monte Carlo 2012.
- E2E (Expert to expert) master course, IMCAS 2013-2019, Paris.
- Aesthetic Master Class for Experts (AME) – Anti-aging Medical World Congress, Monte Carlo, 2013.
- Volift Workshop with Mauricio de Maio from Brazil, 2013.
- Live Anatomy on Cadaver – IMCAS (International Master Course on Aging Skin ), Paris, 2014,2015.
- AMI Expert Forum for Advanced Injectors by Allergan – “Patients for life”, Johannesburg, 2014.
- Silhouette Soft training by Dr R Pizzamiglio, Monaco 2015.
- E2E (Expert to expert) master course, IMCAS 2019, Paris.
- Hands on training , MD CodesTM facial re- contouring 2015- 2020
Accredited Anti-Aging Courses
- Anti-Aging fellowship – WOSAAM, Paris.
- Anti-Aging and Nutrition – American Academy Of Anti Aging Medicine, Chicago, USA.
- Practical Approaches in Hormone Therapies – WOSAAM, Budapest.
- Anti-aging and Integrative Medicine – SA4IM, South Africa.
- Genetics, Stem Cell Therapies and Progressive Lifespan Medicine – AAMS, Brussels.
- Diploma in genetics – Academy Reunis, Luxembourg.
- Functional Medicine Educational Series Hosted by Metagenics 2013, 2014.
- The Institute for Functional Medicines (AIC) – Illuminating the Energy Spectrum: Exploring the evidence and emerging clinical solutions for managing pain, fatigue and cognitive dysfunctions – Dallas, USA, 2013.
- Functional Medicine Fellowship - (Certified Practitioner by The Institute of Functional Medicine) – Cardiometabolic syndrome 2015, Autoimmunity 2016, Hormones 2017, Biotransformation & Detoxification 2018, Gastro-Intestinal 2019, Mitochondrial health2020.