Thermage is non-invasive mono-polar radiofrequency ( RF) device that can be used for sagging skin in all areas of the body, face and eyes, wrinkles and cellulite.
How Thermage works?
Collagen is the main structural component of the skin. Loss of collagen results in sagging skin, increased laxity and deepening of the wrinkles.
Thermage involves heating of the collagen which initiates two natural biological reactions:
- It causes the collagen to contract and thicken (protein denaturation) contributing to some immediate results.
- The body’s natural healing response initiates new collagen creation during the following couple of months which is responsible for long-term skin tightening.
There is no any down time after the procedure, which makes it very convenient for people that cannot afford time off their busy schedule. it is done as a single treatment. It can be used in any skin type. This procedure is performed exclusively under supervision by aesthetic physicians or plastic surgeons who are accredited by Thermage. Dr. Sly Nedic is one of them.
FXL technology in skin tightening
Thermage has been on an aesthetic market for more than a decade, with over one million procedures performed all over the world. This, new FXL technology in skin tightening has been developed to provide:
- More comfort for the patient with a vibration sensation and cooling effect
- Total tip that covers all areas in the body
- Consistent treatment from head to toe without the need to interchange the hand piece
- Automatic calibration that allows optimised energy delivery for sustainable results
8th Sense has been bringing the latest aesthetic technologies to South Africa, and FXL Thermage is one of them.
Why do we trust Thermage?
- Thermage innovators are pioneers in non-invasive skin tightening since 2007.
- More than 2 million treatments worldwide are done since inception, that makes it the most used procedure for skin tightening.
- Over 50 published studies demonstrated a safety profile of Thermage.
- 70 different applications on the face and body using unique monopolar RF.
Thermage can be used on males and females, younger and older, any skin type independently of ethnicity.
The only contraindication is having pacemaker and being pregnant.
Yes Thermage can be used in all areas of the body for sagging skin on the face, eyelids and jowls, sagging eyebrows, sagging tummy area, double chin and increased neck laxity , sagging skin on the arms and knees. It has FDA approval for cellulite. It can be used for periorbital and facial wrinkles. Each one is done as a single treatment within 45minutes after which you can resume your duties without any downtime.