Total Hand Rejuvenation
Hand rejuvenation is becoming increasingly popular in recent years as a part of the total face and body rejuvenation.
Main aesthetic concerns on aging hands are:
- Loss of volume and bony look
- Dark spots and sun damage
- Increased skin laxity (crepe-like skin)
- Rough skin texture
- Prominent veins and tendons
These concerns can exist simultaneously or independently of each other, therefore, non-invasive procedures can be combined or used separately.
Our approach to hand rejuvenation
1. Loss of volume (bony look)
The veins on the back of our hands appear more prominent as we get older due to collagen and glycosaminoglycans (hyaluronic acid) loss.
In addition, the bone prominence causes them to look less attractive. We use dermal fillers to add volume to the skin, giving instant results of volumising and restoring the youthful look of the hands. This is done with cannula for less bruising and minimal discomfort.
2. Dark spots and sun damage
IPL (Intense Pulse Light) therapy is used to fade the dark spots that form on the arms and hands due to sun exposure. This quick, painless procedure involves exposing the skin to flashes of bright laser light.
This laser targets dark pigmented spots while leaving normally pigmented skin untouched. Downtime after treatment is minimal to none. Best results are usually achieved after 2 to 3 treatments, but IPL cannot be used on darker skin types.
3. Increased skin laxity (crepe-like skin)
Latest Thermage technology makes it possible to tighten and firm delicate, crepe-like skin that develops on the hands over time. In most cases, we recommend a single treatment session.
Thermage treatment can be used independently or in combination with Titan and both modalities increase production of collagen, which is important to restore skin firmness on the hands. Additionally we offer Clear Lift Laser for elastin production that contributes to further firming effect.
4. Rough skin texture
Aged hands are very difficult to moisturise and cause the skin to have a soft appearance without additional help. We recommend Cryo-Meso Peel Hand Rejuvenation. This is a gentle, painless treatment which combines:
- Cryotherapy – recommended for smoother skin appearance and pigmented spots removal.
- Mesotherapy – for supplying fibroblast cells with vitamins and increasing collagen production.
- Glycolic peel – for skin rejuvenation.
5-step therapy hand rejuvenation
8th Sense has designed a treatment protocol using non-invasive techniques to tighten crepe-like skin, remove pigmented age spots, and restore skin volume.
- 1st step: remove age spots with IPL Harmony XL
- 2nd step: treat crepe-like skin with Titan (Cutera) infrared light and Clearlift Alma Laser
- 3rd step: restore volume with Restylane Lyft (FDA-approved dermal filler for skin volume restoration)
- 4th Step: restore skin texture using Filorga chemical peel, mesotherapy NCTF and cryotherapy
- 5th Step: continue to prevent further aging and photoaging with L’avenir medical cream designed to work on menopausal skin