Many individuals complain that they cannot lose weight despite caloric and carbohydrate restrictions and dedicated exercise.
What are the possible reasons for this inability to lose stubborn fat?
- Hormonal problems: hypothyroidism, high cortisol level due to ongoing stress, estrogen dominance, altered testosterone level, low growth hormone etc.
- Environmental toxicity functioning as endocrine disruptors in which case bodies’ detoxification capacity is decreased leading to Insulin resistance.
- A situation in which an individual is overwhelming metabolic pathways with too much “carbs”– usually hidden or not perceived as too much carbohydrate.
- Underlying medical problems as leaky gut syndrome, Cushing disease, depression etc.
- Hereditary predisposition: a presence of “fat” SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphism) leading to, for example, leptin resistance, DNA mutations for insulin resistance and type 2 Diabetes, mutations involved in an inability to metabolise saturated fat, involved in high inflammation etc.
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies such as low chromium, low magnesium, low vitamin D etc.
Body Shape & Hormonal Influences
Individuals with an “apple-shaped” body (stubborn abdomen fat) have a high incidence of insulin resistance, type 2 Diabetes and low testosterone in males and high testosterone in females. Additionally, those with a “pear shaped” body suffer from detoxification problems and estrogen dominance.
Generalised obesity is usually more prominent in individuals who have leptin resistance and “fat” DNA mutations- SNPs.
However, in order to categorically uncover the underlying condition, patients need medical screening, DNA analysis, toxicity screening and thorough personal Q&A about diet, nutrition and lifestyle habits.
Restoring Your Health For Long Term Weight Control
8th Sense offers personalised nutritional plans for long-term weight loss and reversal of insulin resistance. Our aim is to restore health, as in a healthy body the excessive weight sheds off easily. We are committed to find the root cause of excessive weight, as that will lead to prescribing the adequate tailored-made solution.
This approach is based on the understanding that excessive weight is a result of the interaction between unique hereditary predispositions to weight gain and certain environmental factors. Blood results biomarkers, and understanding a patient’s environmental influences and unique DNA will help us to establish a personalised nutrition plan. Dr. Nedic often combines these functional medicine interventions with aesthetic procedures for stubborn fat. Throughout the process, 8th Sense gives continuous support and couching until results are achieved.
The personalised nutritional plan is designed to be used as a long-term lifestyle intervention rather than a short-term diet that is not sustainable. The aim is to restore health to the degree that losing weight becomes a natural result of balance.
During this process, you will learn what your hereditary propensity towards gaining weight is, become skilled in how to avoid weight gain, and master the process of maintaining a healthy weight.
8th Sense offers aesthetic procedures as a complementary method of achieving the ideal weight. Unfortunately, aesthetic procedures will not treat the root cause of the weight gain and they are not enough to keep long-term weight maintenance. Additionally, scientific literature has shown that after aesthetic procedures such as fat freezing and liposuction, there has not been any change of inflammatory markers that are typical for insulin resistance, hence the problem of insulin resistance will continue.